All Foolish, All the Time

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Blogs and iPods...

So, since I've gotten a job in an office I've gotten somewhat addicted to blogs. I constantly find myself reading about peoples lives I've never met before. I've joked with the boo about creating one before, but never actually did it. Well today is a day of change. My first "blogging" was Kevin Smith's. For those of you who have been living under a rock for the past ten years he wrote and directed Clerks, Chasing Amy, Dogma, etc. It was actually pretty interesting and funny. He also went into a detailed story of Jason Mewes' heroin/OC addiction. This is it: http://silentbobspeaks.com/?m=20060328 definately check it out. So, I guess he is the one who got me into this.
About a year ago I bought an ipod. At the time I thought it was one of the greatest things ever invented. I mean how couldn't it have been? They are pretty amazing. They hold like 10,000 songs, and they don't skip. For someone who grew up in a generation with discman's, this is an amazing feat. So I proceeded to illegally download every song I had ever expressed interest in and load it up onto the thing. About 3 months ago I took a trip up to UMass Lowell and hooked my "trendPod" up to Hanley's computer. I uploaded about a thousand songs, and left there feeling a sense of accomplishment. One day me and Meg were driving somewhere and it began to act extremely funny. After it refused to go to the next track an unhappy face popped up on the screen. I'm not joking a legitimate unhappy face just rolled up onto my ipod. I was pissed. Under the unhappy face was a link to a website to "troubleshoot" the problem. I go to the website, and it takes me into steps to completely reset the damn thing. I couldn't believe it. After 9 months of piracy I was going to have to start all over again. So, I began the reset process(which is a pain in the behind), and the next thing I know all of my songs are back, and it's working perfectly again. I give myself a patt on the back, and think nothing of it. So I go back to my download/upload process and put the unhappy face behind me. Well, to make a long story short this problem reoccurs about once a month, and it gets harder to reset it each time. I constantly hear praises of ipods when people are first buying them, but had never heard about any problems. When I asked around I hear of constant problems. But it's now 4 o'clock, and I have to leave. So, screw Apple, I'm going home ......


-the term "trendPod" is a Chris Gibbons' original....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home