Fidel Steps Down...

Due to recent activities in Cuba I have decided to stick with the recent Communist theme and inform you of some recent activities in The Land of Cigars(Cuba). First I'll give you a little bit of a background on Cuba. The people of Cuba live in a communist state, and if you read the previous blog you'll know what that means. Ay Comrade? Fidel Castro is the President, but I would say he's more like a dictator, ok he is a dictator, or maybe even just a dick. He's been the leader of the country since 1959, and he won his last election with 100% of the vote. That sounds kinda fishy to me. Until yesterday his brother was the Vice President. I'm not too sure if you know or not, but the people of Cuba live in fear, they fear their government, and the people who control it, so much that the people are constantly trying to leave their country on rafts. When I say rafts I mean 1955 Chevy's. I'm serious, these crafty cigar rollers have found ways to convert these old beasts from Detroit into rafts, that's crazy.
So today Fidel Castro put out a statement saying that he will be temporarily relinquishing his power to his brother for a few weeks. Supposedly this is due to surgery that he underwent for intestinal bleeding. Now Fidel actually holds three posistions is Cuba, commander of the armed forces, president of the Council of State and first secretary of the Communist party. Sounds like a dictator to me. His brother Raul has now taken over these posistions while Castro "relaxes" for a couple weeks, because apparently the surgery requires this. Does this sound like the actions of a man who has ruled over his people with an iron fist for the past 47 years? I think not. It sounds to me like Fidel is about to take a dirt nap, and if you ask me it's about time. So in the next few weeks I will keep you updated, and let you know if the tariff's on the world finest cigars and hookers has been lifted, until then.....

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home