All Foolish, All the Time

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Saving Lives without my Help...


I just sat here for the past ten minutes trying to think about how to open this blog o' mine, and this was the only thing I could come up with. It's pretty weak isn't it? I guess my brain's creativity accidently got shut off in the chaos that was this morning. I'm not exactly sure how to turn it back on either, maybe the CPR class being taught in the next room will help.

This morning someone from the USCG was going around asking if I wanted to give blood. I responded with "No, I'm sorry, I can't." This couldn't have been more untrue, and it's not the first time I've done this either. I have never given blood. I have no idea why. I also don't know why I lied about it. There's nothing holding me back from giving blood. I'm not HIV positive. I don't have a low white blood cell count. I'm not scared of needles. My brain just spits this stuff out. I should be jumping at these chances. They're a chance to get me out of my mindless, repetitive job for 30 minutes, and return lightheaded from the loss of blood. And to think, I am gonna miss my one chance to meet the "Blood Buddy".

There was also a chance to take a free CPR class, during work hours. It's been going on for almost 2 hours now. What the hell was I thinking? I think it's because I knew I would have been scared of the manikins. I can also tell by listening to this so-called seminar that the class is a complete joke. In the two hours that the class has been going there has been two breaks. That's it, from this moment on I am taking every oppurtunity that arises to get out of the doldrums that is my work....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home